Saturday, March 29, 2008

New encounter

You know what, living in the halls (halls is short for halls of residence, which is where I'm staying) I expect to meet all kinds of people from different background. And that is what I got. And I have never expected to meet some of the people that I have actually met.

Prior to this, I thought Yen Ling and I were stingy. To my surprise, I meet someone who is worst than the both of us. He was one of the people within the group that I share groceries with. So usually when we cook, it'll be for a group of 5 and the groceries will be shared 5 ways. So the math was simple - take the total amount and divide by 5. Guess what he did? He actually audited my calculation and went through all the stuff we bought to make sure it is there. I mean can you believe that? He actually went though the receipt, to see which is which. Comparing the receipt to the stuff in the fridge.

Another thing he did that annoys me was that he is the anti-social type. We once invited him to go have dinner at this Monash Pizza and Pasta shop. And you know what was his reply? "Don't want la, I got something to do." I was like "What the heck?" I'm a second year student, and I'm not as busy as he is. Plus, he's in his first year and taking the same unit as I am. And I wasn't as busy as he is. Heck, I could even go for a movie every weekend if I could afford it then.

I'm not saying that he has to go out for a movie every weekend. What I'm trying to point out is that he has to try to relax a little. He has to be a little bit more outgoing. I'm not sure he even plays any sports. The only time I see him is when we go for grocery shopping and meal time. Apart from that, he just lock himself in his room doing god knows what. The funniest thing I find about him during this Easter break is that he has been telling us that he has to do his assignment since the beginning of the holiday, and until now he has yet to complete it. What the hell is he doing in his room then? It took me only 3 days to finish that assignment. haih...

Enough about that. I am just so frustrated these few days and I just want to let off steam. Another thing that I realize is most of my new friends here which are malaysian by the way have help from their parents with their packing and luggage. Some even have their parents followed them over. Me? My parents never touched my breifcase, did not help with packing, and definitely did not follow me over to settle in. That was my wish. So does that make me wierd?

I mean for them, their parents played some part in their moving abroad to study. Me? The only part my parents played was giving me frustration and paying the bills. I'm just like any other ordinary kid, trying to go through university to get a certificate so that I could get a reasonable job. But why am I so different from them in so many ways?

No comments: