Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Meditaranean Heat, Meditaranean Temper and most of all Meditaranean STRIKES!!


Καλι σπερα Ελλαδα!!!! (Good afternoon Greece)

Well, well, I think this is my first post from me. And as some of you might already know; for my sister especially, I have arrived in Athens, GREECE!. Yep, the land of blue sea, good food, Greek loudness and most of all GREEK POLITICS!.

Well, my first experience in this place I won't say that it is not good. I have to say, for Greek Standards, it went pretty smoothly. I started my new job on Monday. Running around sorting out my legal issues and administration issue. 3 days at work, and things are going smoothly I think. TILL, I ARRIVE TO WORK EARLY THIS MORNING!??? Electricity went out. Why? Well the Greeks are on strike. Which is most annoying, and my bad timing adding on to it. The reason for the strike as most of you might have already read in BBC , if not, go there. It is due to the government wanting to increase the retirement age, but decrease the pension funds. That is what I hear, but based on BBC, it seems that everything looks positive. I don't know. The Greeks react to almost everything.

So, what happened. Monday everything went on smoothly. Went to the police station, to get some documents notarized and continue working. Tuesday, GOD DAMN IT! Tuesday was so bad, because the train service was on strike, so everyone had to take their car, the bus or to take the taxi.

It took me like 30 minutes to wave for a taxi to get to work and to get back as well. Sigh...And followed by that; when I went back, my friend, Ioanna who was at my place told me the power went off. I was like. Ok.. Here I am frustrated that I cannot hail a cab to go back, but to add on top of that, there is no power.

Lucky for me, it went back on after I reached home after 15 minutes when I had lit so many candles. haha..but its ok. At least Ioanna got the ones that smelt nice with vanilla flavor. Then today, everything was on strike. ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!!

Mind you, the place I stay is very convenient with buses and metro everywhere. I have two metros which is like 5-10 minutes walking distance to work and the office is only 2 stops away from the station. So, I came into work. Set up my computer...and BLACKOUT! haha...surprisingly I remained so calm that I was like..hmm..whatever... So, this is the beginning of my journey.

I have no idea what the 4th day will be for me. But we will see. So far, I have to get used to the people, the environment and the STRIKES....hehe

Besides that, my friends have been helping me alot. My co workers are nice. It's still too early to say, but this is as far as I can go. :)

Since this is my first post, I am not going to dwell on it too much. To let you guys know, if you want to reach me, my mobile number is +30 xxx xxx xxxx. I will get a second number soon, hopefully by next week, depending on when the company will give it to me. But any one of you wanting to come for a meditaranean tour, let me know.

Φιλακια Πολλα (Many kisses)

Take care...cioa..

Edited By Oracl3: Lil Devil's Mobile number has been removed, because I fear online predators, and the hassles it will bring. Since we are all family; if you want her number that badly, catch her on MSN.
Though this raises the issue of whether, we should start making this blog private. It is an issue I will look into, and maybe set up a poll.. but first, let us settle the issue about the slide show.. Thanks..

No comments: