Thursday, September 4, 2008

Family Dinner

Cross-posted on Oracl3 with a different commentary...

Yet another family dinner... Not that i'm tired of it.. haha.. But well, that's all I post about here haha..

So okay down to business. on the 23rd of August 2008, we went for dinner at a place called Hakka Restaurant, located behind The Pavillion.... To have steamboat [that's hot pot to some people]... There was a lot of food, as is usual.. and well.. we ate till we were bursting to the seams..

But I didn't find it at all interesting to take pictures of something so common such as a steamboat so there are non, we only have pictures of our relatives..

Oh yes.. I nearly forgot... The purpose of such a dinner? Well,we all know we have dinners for a reason now in this family. . Haha.. Well the purpose was that we had relatives from Tien Men, China 天門 中國 visiting us.. they are children from our grandfather's first wife in China..



Our Aunts [Ben & Lings's moms included haha] with our granduncle

Here we have my mom, the younger aunt from China and our cousin brother from China, with Ben's dad a.k.a our uncle...

Both relatives spoke their local dialect and mandarin.. and I heard that our uncle was really entertaining haha I also heard that this aunt in the picture above is about the same age as Ben's mom... how old that is.. I've no idea haha... A women's age is a secret ahah But I do know she is a teacher, and that our Cousin brother is a hawker...

The older aunt from China.. She doesn't speak anything but her local dialect.. so communication was sort of a problem...

Ling & I had a blast of a time.. playing around calling each other stupid... and hearing each other's stories etc.. sorry Ben.. You missed out on that one :p hehe.. Well, wait till you get back ok? :p

If not for Ling.. I think I might have stonned there haha.. so we did stupid things like taking pictures in the toilet.. maybe I should upload that.. I bet Ling wouldn't even realise haha well look below it's down there haha...

Since we were at KL with such a pretty view.. we ought to take advantage of it.. though the building was blocking the Twin towers somewhat... If it weren't for the rain, we would actually be having dinner under KL's night sky..

Okay let's not forget the other two cousins who braved the rain for this dinner with us haha.. Yen Ping & Fiona..

And viola.. we have the toilet picture here hahaha.. *Do I hear Ling's protest??* ahaha too bad.. since she is the lazy contributor of GL keke :p

-Oracl3-